Production & Purchasing Manager | Full Time Position
Bazzaz, Inc. is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Purchasing & Production Manager.
Bazzaz is a designer and manufacturer of superior-quality motorcycle & ATV electronics and dynamometers located in Chino Hills, CA. We are committed to providing customers the very best experience which we believe stems from hiring the best employees. For more information on the company please visit bazzaz.net.
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Description: Seeking an individual who will plan, organize, and control production at Bazzaz Z-Fi fuel controller factory, which produces harnesses, strain gages, and printed circuit boards. Candidate must be committed to ensuring that Bazzaz products are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard. Issues Purchase Orders for the raw materials. Candidate should be solution-driven and acutely focused on quality. Listed below are the basic duties and requirements of the position:
- Supervises production assembly team of 12-20 persons. Subordinates perform assembly of products or sub-assemblies according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams. Provides work direction and reviews work performance.
- Responsible for light maintenance of production machinery for harnessing and SMT.
- Production Planning and ability to apply LEAN manufacturing techniques.
- Manages the purchasing function according to department policy and procedure. Accepts and scrutinizes vendor bids or proposals. Selects sources based upon analysis. Arranges vendor contracts, bargains for best costs, and observes quality of purchased materials. Prepares reports and required documents. Organizes activities with sales, engineering, production, or warehouse personnel.
- Manages inventory of materials, parts, and finished product to maintain required supply. Maintains records, replenishes stock, and plans for future requirements based on orders, production schedules and forecasts. Strives to achieve JIT.
- Quality assurance - Manages quality assurance operations for the factory. Comes up with new ideas to enforce and improve quality programs. Monitors Production Department's conformance with QA standards and procedures. Conducts quality assurance training for employees engaged in materials handling or product assembly. Suggests methods for improving product quality or design, or manufacturing processes.
- Manages shipping & receiving staff. With an emphasis on efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide production updates to Bazzaz Team.
- Harness Documentation / Create BOM.
- Assist R&D.
- Reports to Vice President.
We are looking for a responsible, highly motivated and detail oriented individual, who wants to be part of a growing and dynamic company. This person must be a problem solver, have a get it done attitude, and enjoys working with a team. Bazzaz is on the leading edge of technology in the motorcycle aftermarket industry and this position plays a critical role in delivering the ultimate customer experience.
- Minimum of a 2 year degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in production and/or purchasing for wiring harnesses and/or printed circuit board assembly.
- Winning attitude. Must be a team player and enjoy working in a fun yet focused atmosphere.
- Experience with MRP/ERP software.
- Computer literate with accurate data entry skills.
- Able to read a wiring diagram.
- Person shall demonstrate competency when using scales and other hand tools. Individuals should exhibit strong communication and organizational skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred but not required.
- Starting salary is $40-50K annually, based on experience.
- After six months eligible for company Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- 1 week vacation. 6 Paid personal days. Paid Holidays.
- Monthly bonus plan.
*Position descriptions and anticipated skills acquired are neither conclusive nor definite and can be expected to change throughout term of employment.